On the 19th – 23rd June 2023 the Census, Surveys and Demography Division conducted it awareness programs on the Population and Housing Census(PHC) 2021 results for the eight selected districts from the island of Savaii and on the 27th-28th of June for the three districts of Upolu island and completed with the last district on 04th July 2023. The program was conducted at the District Councils Centers and the target participants were the District Councils representatives, the Village Representatives and Village Women’s Representatives in the government from each district. .
The main purpose of the program was to present the selected indicators compiled from the PHC 2021 result which are specifically to the selected districts.. Some of the selected information presented by the Census staff are listed below
· Total population by sex and age groups, 2021
· Total population by religious denomination, 2021
· Population 3 years and above who had ever attended school by highest level of school attended, 2021
· Population 5 years and above with and without disabilities, 2021
· Population 15 years and above by main activity, 2021
· Population 21 years and above with and without matai title, 2021
· Total households, 2021
· Total households by utilities namely water and electricity, 2021
· Total households by ownership of communication assets, 2021
· Total households by main means of transportations used, 2021
· Total households with members attended Regional Seasonal Employment (RSE) scheme, 2021
All the participants who had attended the program thanked the office for the informative presentation which will assist the district council’s planning and policies. At the end of the program the majority of participants highly recommended the continuation of this program in the future after each census.
The Government Statistician would like to acknowledge the great support of the District Councils Chairman and Committee members through availing their precious times to participate and sharing their valuable contribution to improve the awareness programs in the future for a better Samoa through the statistical activities .
Faafetai tele and GOD BLESS!